Educational Services for Youth
The program offers a unique emphasis on addressing both the academic and behavioral problems which have interfered with the student’s progress in school. A highly structured program with a success-based philosophy surrounds our students with the resources and support needed to function effectively in the classroom.
The focus is on remediating academic skills, providing grade-appropriate instruction leading to a NYS Diploma, and developing age-appropriate classroom behaviors. The goal is to prepare students to successfully reintegrate into their local public school, the workforce, or post high school educational settings.
- Junior and Senior High School serving both special education and regular education students in grades 6-12.
- Registered by New York State (NYS) Education Department, and certified as a School of Special Education.
- State-of-the-art educational facility including centers for arts, technology & physical education as well as academia.
- Highly qualified faculty with specialized training in differentiated instruction.
- Compliance with CSE standards and practices, and affiliated with local vocational education programs.
- Grade appropriate NYS curriculum in Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Science, Fine Arts, Occupational Education, and Physical Education.
- Mainstream academic programs, with departmentalized instruction meeting NYS diploma requirements.
- NYS learning standards fully integrated into courses offered to prepare students for statewide testing and diploma requirements.
- Skills and Achievement Commencement Credential.
- Highly trained school safety counselors able to support each student’s attainment of positive school behaviors.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) principals incorporated into comprehensive behavior management strategies.
LaSalle School does not discriminate in admissions and the provision of services and programs with respect to race, national origin, or religion.